1/20/2008

Freezin'



It has been COLD here the past couple days. I know, I grew up in MN but it's amazing how fast you get used to warmer temperatures. So we haven't been outside playing or walking that much, I've mostly been heading to the gym to get a little exercise.
I've been searching around for a preschool for Adam for next fall. That seems crazy to me, but if you want to get into the preschool you want, most applications need to be returned in Jan or Feb. Two of the closest preschools by us are Montessori (read that as $$$$) and I'm sure they have a good curriculum, but I just couldn't see spending that kind of money on preschool. So I'm going to send him to the church preschool where we go to MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers). Our church doesn't have a preschool (I'm not sure why, since they run a catholic elementary school), and he's already familiar with the other church through MOPS. They do storytime, crafts, focus on a letter of the alphabet a week, etc. All the typical preschool stuff, for about 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of the Montessori schools by us. He'll only be going 2 days a week for 3 hours in the morning.
Adam started swim lessons a couple weeks ago. He has been a little uncooperative with the teachers, he'd rather do his own thing, at least that's how he was at the first lesson, especially at the start. Dan took him the second week, so I didn't see how he compared with week 1. Hopefully he was listening even better by the second one. He seems to look forward to it though, so I think he likes it.

I'm signed up to start a digital scrapbooking online class tomorrow that runs for 4 weeks, so I'm excited about that. It will cover a lot of new techniques in Photoshop that I haven't used much, so I think I'll learn a lot from it. I've really been having a lot of fun doing the digital scrapbooking and have gotten quite a few pages done lately.
Our new bike (the quad) is supposed to be in soon too. I think it should probably be here around the end of next week. So then Dan can start on the assembly. I hope it's done by the time nice weather hits around here. I can't wait to see it when it comes.


No comments: