5/20/2008

May days

Adam has been taking swim lessons for a while now and has really made a lot of progress. When he started, he didn't want to get his face in the water at all. I took him to the Y swimming the other day and he was all over under the water, so I guess the money on lessons has been well spent. I think I'll try to sign him up for the summer session lessons which are twice a week in the mornings. I will join the Y for a couple months and go swimming with Cole while Adam has lessons.
Photobucket

We have had soooo much rain this spring. I think we're 9" above normal or something like that. I think I heard 'wettest spring ever on record' on the weather the other day. Well apparently my irises like this kind of weather, they are insanely tall. Here is a picture of Adam with the irises to show what I mean.

Photobucket

Thankfully, the rain stopped in time for the annual Creve Coeur days, a yearly carnival the city puts on. Every year recently, Monsanto lets them use their property to hold the carnival, so Monsanto employees get to go early and get free rides and other goodies. The kids had a great time on the kiddie rides, both big kids and small kids. I had to have Dan stop spinning the "teacup" type ride because I was going to be sick (I guess I am getting old - see birthday below...). Cole had no fear whatsoever on all these rides, so I was impressed!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


And again, I turned a year older (37 now!). Dan has managed to travel over both Mother's day and my birthday this year, but he and the boys did bake me a nice cake and give me my presents before he had to leave town. They all sang me happy birthday (I got that on video below!) All in all, it was a great birthday.


PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments: