11/01/2008

Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet...

Another Halloween, another 10lbs of candy... The boys had a Halloween party on Wednesday where they trick or treated from table to table, I think there must have been at least a dozen tables set up, so they got a load of candy that day (as well as a make-your-own-cookie station, see Cole below with his black icing!). They got so much candy that Adam said 'we don't even need to go out trick-or-treating on Halloween!'. And of course, he was right, but we had made plans to go out trick or treating with another family, so it was going to be a fun time anyways.
As usual, Adam is not thrilled about getting his picture taken these days. I lined them up to take pictures before going out on Halloween night and he just pouted.
Here are Adam and Cole with their two new buddies that they met a couple weeks ago. The kids are roughly the same age and play pretty well together. So we had a robot (Adam), little red riding hood (Teanna), UPS delivery man (Taiyo), and an astronaut (Cole).

After a while, our kids pooped out. I carried Cole for a while and then he ended up riding in the wagon and Dan carried Adam. They were asking to go home while their friends wanted to go get more candy. I'm surprised that Adam and Cole had decided they had enough. I didn't think they ever could get enough candy! I guess we could have let them dig into their stash for a sugar boost. Well, I've already eaten my fair share of the Halloween candy, and we begin our yearly calorie-laden slide into Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think I need to get out there and do more running in the morning...

No comments: