1/15/2009

It's been a while...

I see that it's been a while since I've updated the blog. I must admit, since I got my iphone, I'm really not on the computer all that much to actually update the blog (mobile e-mail sure is handy!) Things haven't been that exciting around here. But they have been warm! I keep hearing on the news about the cold weather across the midwest and I can't really say that I miss it. If it weren't for the news, I would be a bit oblivious to the passing of seasons here.
We've been doing mom-kid activities during the week and we've gone to the waterpark and the beach on the weekends. It's not quite warm enough for my tastes to go swimming, but as long as the sun is out its ok. (I know, I'm a wuss)
We drove up to the north shore of Oahu to Haleiwa (the surf capital) yesterday to see the waves. They were predicting some big waves on the news so I wanted to go and watch them for a while. The news said the waves were 20' - 25', and that's about what they looked like comparing the height of some of those waves to the size of the surfers out there. The winds are high today and I think they closed most of the beaches due to dangerous surf, so the waves must have been even bigger today. Tomorrow we are supposed to have 40mph sustained winds with gusts up to 60mph. They have closed all schools, beaches, and public offices for tomororw, so I guess this is going to be quite a storm. Hopefully we'll still have power!

I enjoyed watching the surfers and the waves and the boys were happy to play in the sand. They were digging out some huge rock pretending it was a dinosaur fossil, it kept them busy for a long time. Then Adam tried to start a fire with two sticks. I have no idea where he saw that from, I don't ever remember telling him that. I suppose he saw it on TV sometime...Well I'll have to update again soon if we haven't blown away :)

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful. It must be amazing living in Hawaii.