2/28/2009

Oahu beauty

We drove up to the north shore of Oahu one day and I decided to go east from Haleiwa since I hadn't been that way before. We came upon a great sheltered beach area, I think it was Pupukea beach, that I hadn't heard about before. The beach itself was rocky, but there was a huge sheltered area in the water that had a natural breakwater. Even though it was chilly that day there were some people out snorkeling in the water. The water inside the breakwater was so shallow it was not even hip deep, so when they were done snorkeling they would just stand up. I think it will be a great place to come back to with our snorkel gear and bring the kids. They can walk out with us and maybe there will be some sea life that they can actually see. The kids decided to take a dip, even though my only request was 'please don't go in the water' since we had just stopped to enjoy the beach for a few minutes. At least I had a change of clothes in the car. They had a fabulous time...

Another day we went over to Ko Olina to watch the sunset. The lagoons are on the west side of the island and are a great place to watch a beautiful sunset. I got quite a few great shots that evening. So if you want to be really jealous, then take a look at the postcard shots below - Ok, not the one with mom in it, but the two scenery shots :)


Aloha!!

No comments: