2/25/2009

A very busy week

You'll have to bear with me while I catch up on my photos. Mom was visiting for a week and we went out and did some fun things. So I have a ton of great photos to put up and write about. I have to sift through and find the best ones now.

Mom arrived a week ago and the first thing she wanted to see was the punchbowl. It is one of the top Oahu attractions and I hadn't been there yet. It is a huge depression in the hillside which is an extinct volcano. It is a national cemetery of veterans and the setting is beautiful. The picture below looks down into the bowl from the rim. If you zoom in on the photo, you can see just how many gravesites there are there, they go as far as the manicured area you can see.
emorial at one end of the cemetery (note the two small kids burning off energy on the steps...)
When you walk to the edge of the cemetery, there is a great view over downtown Honolulu
Then we drove up the mountainside on Tantalus, a very curvy steep road. It had some great overlooks to see back across the city also. The shot below is looking back over the punchbowl cemetery.
Well, I still have tons more pictures from the week, I'll keep working on getting them posted.

No comments: