7/23/2009

This n that

We went to the Hawaii Farm Fair last weekend which was a lot of fun. The boys got to see lots of farm animals raised by 4H kids. There were food samples and also some games for the kids to play, including one where they try to catch fish. Lucky me, we now have two goldfish again. Hopefully these live a little longer than most of our fish. They are cute little guys, I'll give 'em that much...
Cole is my animal lover, he reminds me of me as a kid. Adam is a little wary around most animals, but Cole just dives in there amongst the goats, pigs, dogs, cats, insects, pretty much you name it and he'll try to pick it up and play with it (yes, he has many a cockroach friend here and I've just learned to accept it. But his 'friends' are not welcome in my house...)
The kids had swim lessons this session again. I had to take a few pictures at swim lessons, I can't believe next week is the kids' last lesson already. Summer goes very fast here since school starts at the end of July. Adam is not the best swimmer in his group by far, but he seems to enjoy it. He's signed up for the next session too. Cole just loves his lessons, since he is 3 now he is old enough for the big kid class where it is just the kids and the instructor (no parents in the pool). He has taken to the water like he is part fish. In general, he is my fearless child, I wonder if I need to worry about hospital bills down the line.
Cole REALLY enjoyed snorkeling at Pupukea the other weekend and so he wanted to practice at home using a real snorkel with his googles. I think he'll have the hang of it and really be able to see more fish the next time we go out. I really need to plan a weekend to go to Haunama bay snorkeling soon!
Adam has been taking a Kindergarten Readiness class for the past 3 weeks and only has two classes left. He has really enjoyed it once he got used to his new class and teacher. I hope this helps him a little when he starts his full day kindergarten. He has not had any preschool here since we moved too late last year to get into most of the good part-time programs.

One thing he has definitely improved in is his confidence level in writing. I could get him to write his name and maybe a couple other words before he started this program and now he will try to write most anything. He didn't want to try writing much because he couldn't do it well. I think just seeing that the other kids couldn't write all their letters perfectly convinced him it was OK to try it and make some mistakes. So I was so proud of him the other day when he asked me to spell out words so he could make a sign for his door (he was having a pretend party). This was by far the most he had ever written at one time.
Well I need to be off to bed soon since my two little alarm clocks will be up at 6:00 on the dot.



No comments: