8/31/2009

Two Week Review

I see that I'm falling behind updating the blog again. We've been busy, I compiled a bunch of pictures above (you can get a better view if you click on it). We went on a glass bottom boat tour in Kaneohe bay. This was a neat trip, the boat had little square portholes all along the seating area to look out the bottom. You couldn't see colors very well but you could see the coral and fish, we even saw a turtle through the bottom. The kids also got to go sit up on top in front of the boat and later feed some fish. So everyone had a really good time on the trip.

This past Friday, Adam was off school (teachers workshop already!) so we went to Ko'Olina beach. This is normally packed on the weekends, but there were hardly a half dozen groups of people when we got there. We spent over four hours there and the kids just had a good time digging, swimming, and looking a the clouds. Then they found another boy to play with and that entertained them for another hour. So I really had a relaxing day at the beach since they were pretty much self-entertained. We were there so long we all got a little sunburned, but we stayed out of the sun Saturday and it faded pretty quickly.

I got a little crafty the other night (i.e. I broke out the craft supplies!). I had bought some fabric at Walmart that had Scooby Doo on it because Adam likes scooby doo so much. When we got it I really had not idea what I was going to do with it, but then I thought of making a pillowcase. Adam loved the idea, so we went ahead and made him a Scooby Doo pillowcase. He was very happy with it.

Today we went biking up on the north shore. We were supposed to meet up with the tandem biking group but never did hook up with them. We had a nice ride anyways, riding over to Laie and then back again. We saw the Mormon temple there - it was right by the elementary school playground. Since we got an early start, there was not much traffic on the way out once we got past some of the popular beaches.

Now tomorrow it's back to school for Adam, I don't yet know what Cole and I will be up to. Maybe get a walk or run in and then hang out or run errands.

No comments: