7/09/2010

Catching up


Wow, I looked at the blog and realized I'm almost a month behind.  I guess that's what happens when it's summer break and you go on vacation for a while.  

We headed to MN for a nice vacation, it sure was a change in temperature from what we were used to.  When we got to MN, first we drove through torrential rain to get to Silver Bay and then when we got up there it was 58 degrees and raining.  A little bit of a change from 80 and sunny every day!  It was actually nice to be cool for once though, I didn't mind getting a chance to wear my jeans, I almost never wear them here!

The boys had a good time at the playgrounds there, by the lake and doing a little walking on the trails.  We were there to celebrate my parent's 60th wedding anniversary (a little early since it is actually in November), so we had a nice dinner with all my siblings while we were there and we took some family pictures.


On the way back we spent the night at my sister Kathy's and I also had a chance to catch up with an old friend from undergrad who I hadn't seen in about 15 years.  It was a lot of fun to see him and meet his wife and family.  Sometimes it's hard for me to believe that undergrad was THAT long ago already.  I'm getting old!


Well I'll have to sift through more pictures and see what else I've fallen behind on blogging.

No comments: