9/27/2010

Another month gone

Well, I've at least managed to get two blog posts up this month!  September is almost at a close and the first quarter of school is done at the end of this week too.  We've been plenty busy this month, here's some highlights of what we've been up to...


Early in the month I took Cole out to Ko'Olina and brought him out to the manmade breakwater to see the fish.  He loves to snorkel so I put him on the board to make it easier to get him in and out there.


In Sept, Monsanto also had a safety fair for the employees and families.  They brought in fire dept, police, EMS, helicopter for the kids to check out as well as food, bounce houses, games, and giveaways.  It was a really fun time, the kids stayed nearly to the end, so I think we were there nearly 4 hours.  Their favorite attraction by far was the helicopter, they got in and out several times sitting in all the various seats to check it out from every angle.  





Adam lost his two top front teeth this month too, so now he is short 3 teeth total (he has one missing on the bottom too).  His smile is pretty funny!  He missed getting this grin in his school pics by just a couple weeks, they took those in early Sept so he won't have any toothless school pics (but I think those are kind of cute anyways!).


The last part of this month we've been getting ready for the Honolulu Century ride, the third time we've done this.  The day before the ride we headed downtown for the packet pickup to get our ride numbers and all the ride info.  Since we were already downtown, we went over to the Waikiki aquarium which I had not yet been to.  I really enjoyed it!  I've heard some people say it is small and overpriced, but I was glad we went.  It was about the right size for the kids, by the time we had seen the entire thing they were ready to leave anyways.  I thought their tank displays were really incredible, plus they had a couple of monk seals in their outside enclosure.  So definitely worth a look-see if you're down there.  
 I love this pic - it looks like the fish are coming in to lunch on Adam!




The big event of the month was the Honolulu Century, I'll post another blog post with pics and the highlights...

No comments: