10/27/2010

More Halloween Goodies

A while back I had bought a set of window decal paints (http://www.amazon.com/Paint-Peel-Window-Art-Kit/dp/B0017KYP7Q).  We've had a good time making some Halloween window decorations (and other things too).  You paint an outline in black, let it dry and then fill in with the colored paints.  When it dries, you peel and stick on the window.  Pretty cool!  I plan to make some Thanksgiving and Christmas decals too.  I used a picture from a coloring book to make the witches hat.  
Cole made a very colorful cupcake window decal.  

I also decided to get a little crafty with the desserts that I made for the MOMS Club Halloween party.  I made some nutter butter ghosts (Nutter Butter cookies dipped in almond bark - yum!) and some 'Wormy Burgers' (Nilla wafers, frosting, and gummy worms).  The kids loved them at the party, of course.  I also put together goodie bags for the little trick-or-treaters at the party.

I like Halloween, it is so much fun for the kids dressing up and they get so excited to go around and get candy.  OK, so I'm not so crazy about the pounds of sugar we end up with afterwards, but overall it is a fun time.  It's a good reason to get dressed up, have fun and eat some candy.  

Here are a couple pics from the Halloween party that Cole went to.  Adam gets to dress up for school on Friday instead of wear his school uniform.  So he's going to be a fireman for school (I didn't think his Darth Vader costume would fit with their non-scary, friendly costume theme...).  And we already had a fireman jacket and hat, so a fireman it is!  

The kids are counting down to C-day (candy day)






No comments: