10/14/2010

Photo fun

Last month I finally got myself a DSLR camera, after more than a year of reading up on photography and just learning what I could.  I kept trying to do the techniques that I was reading up on in photography but was bumping up against the limitations of my point-and-shoot (although it was a nice prosumer one with a lot of user control).  
So I got a Canon T1i with the kit lens and also got a 50mm f1.4 lens.  I tell you, I didn't realize what a difference a DSLR would make but it does!  I LOVE the 50mm lens.  I can get photos with that lens that I would never have been able to capture with my old camera.  The kit lens is great too because the wide angle is wider than my old camera.  
This photo of Cole looking into the telescope was taken at nearly dark, he was looking at the moon.  I never would have gotten anything with my old camera.  You can see him clear as day in this pic on the DSLR.  
Also, I love the dreamy backgrounds (brokeh) that I can get with the 50mm lens.
I've been having a lot of fun just seeing what I can do with it.



Also, I LOVE shooting in RAW.  It makes adjusting the photos in Lightroom so much better.


Did I mention that I LOVE this new camera?

2 comments:

B. Fox said...

Hey - have been thinking of getting one too. Thing is I know little to zilch about photography. And what is thie lightroom you speak of? Is it for a mac?

Brannon said...

Wow Amy!! Awesome pictures! Can you teach me how to use my Canon Rebel xti? I'm hoping to get another lense for it!