9/09/2008

More Trouble in Paradise

I guess the welcome wagon came to visit us sometime over the last few days - I'm afraid they didn't bring us any muffins or bread though. I went to the garage this morning and was cleaning up a bit when I noticed Dan's nice road bike was not in the garage. Thinking that was very odd, I called him up to see if he had taken his bike to work for some reason. But of course he hadn't, so someone had decided to relieve us of one bike while we weren't paying attention. Thankfully, it wasn't the triple, but I guess that would be hard to sell around these parts. It might be a little too high profile.

So I guess the garage door stays down unless we're standing in front of it. The policeman who took the report said it's pretty common around here for people to cruise streets looking for an open garage door and then they grab something quick and go. We're keeping an eye out for the bike on Craigslist and may check with the bike shop on this end of the island. It's kind of a conspicuous bike (tall with bright bold colors) so maybe it will turn up (but probably not!)

So I guess that was our 'Welcome to the Island'. I'd rather have the muffins...

2 comments:

B. Fox said...

Bummer - I guess even Paradise has it' s downside - Sorry for your bad luck!

Anonymous said...

That really stinks! If you will email me your snail mail address I can put it in the next MOPS newsletter. I will also print your blog site with permission.