9/05/2008

Tropical Friends

OK, paradise is great and all, but I do have one complaint: bugs. They seem to grow them really well here. The thing that drives me nuts is that every time you pick up something outside, you can pretty much expect at least a couple of roaches to go scampering away. Now at least usually these are little beige ones, but on occasion you do find a monster size dark brown ROACH who usually doesn't run off, it's like they stare at you and hold their ground for a while.

The other day I moved a box in the house and there was a dead centipede (about 3" long) under it. Outside I found (again dead, thankfully) a 3" millipede next to the house. The more legs a bug has, the less I like them so I'm glad those creepy crawlies were already dead.

Of course, the roaches do get in the house (thankfully not in the numbers you find them outside!) which really drives me nuts. Note to bugs: I will let you live if you stay outside, but if you come in my house, consider yourself squashed.

We found this big guy in the yard one day, maybe I'll have to keep a couple pet ones around the house to eat our bugs :)

No comments: