8/06/2010

July


Wow, yet another month gone by.  Of course there was no school in July so we spent a lot of time trying to stay busy with both kids home.  We did some Christmas in July crafts (complete with Christmas music) since I had picked up a Shrinky Dinks kit dirt cheap on clearance.  The kids really enjoyed that one.  They wanted to put up the real Christmas tree, but I drew the line there.  

I bought the kids a couple 'Dig a Dinosaur' kits with dinosaur bones embedded in plaster, and they're still working on that one.  It is a fun activity, I think Cole and I have spent the most time at that one.  

For MOMS Club, we headed to the firehouse.  It was a great tour, they took us through EVERYTHING.  That tour must have been over an hour long (with kids from infant to school age) and the kids had such a blast.  Then to top it off the firemen handed out coupon books with a bunch of food coupons including free Happy Meals, so we had lunch included with our tour.  Bonus!

The coupon books also had a coupon for the Dole Plantation Maze, so we headed up there to do the maze again.  I had done it with the boys a few months back and I think we found 5 of the 8 stations hidden in the maze. This time we found all 8.  I think it is easier the second time around :)

No comments: